If some people have the patience of a saint, I have the exact opposite. Essentially, almost anything will set me off and send me on a long rant about the injustices of the world, generally capped off with a dramatic statement about how difficult it is to be me.
Generally (or so I like to think) these annoyances are valid, but as I am trying to become a better person and self-reflect (good luck, I hear you say) I have come to realise that a number of things that get me ragin’ are actually not that big of a deal? I know, I was shocked too.
Anyway, here’s a list.
- People who have a baby and start posting from their baby in first person on social media
- The sound of apples crunching
- When people’s toes stick out of their shoes
- People having private conversations in public spaces
- People using ellipses unless for dramatic effect
- When you’re trying to get shampoo/conditioner/body wash etc out of the bottle in the shower and it won’t come out even though there’s clearly loads in there
- When you’re trying to get out various shower products and it comes out but all bubbly and ugly
- Hearing anything that sounds vaguely like my morning alarm sound, literally ever
- Water being either too warm or too cold when you’re really thirsty
- When you’re in the lift and it stops at every floor, even when there’s actually people getting off at every floor and that’s totally reasonable
- People using the click sounds on their phones
- Waking up 2.7 mins before an alarm and not being able to go back to sleep because that’s ridiculous but also being robbed of 2.7 mins of sleep
- People saying that cats are shit
- Children’s laughter
- The use of the expression “build a bridge and get over it”
- People who swing their arms a lot when they walk
- Wheely suitcases
- When you stir something in a pan and little bits of it go out onto the hob and you just know you’ll have to clean that up later
- Parents insisting on calling themselves/their partners mummy and daddy
- People who leave their backpacks on when they’re sitting on public transport
- Hearing one side of a conversation because someone is on the phone on the train/at the gym/in a shop like plz let me hear ALL the goss??
- My phone ringing
- Loud sneezes/coughs in my general vicinity
- People carrying full sized umbrellas in a way that they poke out behind them as they walk and you feel like you’re going to get stabbed by the pointy bit
All totally valid, am I right?